Wednesday 28 January 2009

An Unneccessary Discussion Regarding Labels


'Hello, we are some labels.

One of which is for Gaylord Farm in Vermont. Even we shudder at the very idea of what might go on in such a terrifyingly named establishment. We can only imagine that it might be a bit like the Torchwood episode Countrycide, except with more extreme Kenneth Williams-ness. '


'Sticky labels? On the internet? Oooooh I say! They've all got it in for me!'


STOP LABELLING US


Okay, the reason for all this supernatural conversation with sticky bits of paper has been that Blogger has just suggested some quite bewildering label examples for a Doctor Who-centric blog; scooters, holidays and autumn. Er, wot?


To be perfectly honest, I can't even see the point of labels - come on, just read the whole thing, that's significantly easier than just jumping randomly around like an ASBO hoodie who can't quite decide which individual word they want to attempt to tackle first. I don't know if these deeply oblique suggestions make for common occurrences around the blogosphere but I kind of doubt any of these things will be making major appearances in any of my reviews of past or indeed future episodes of Doctor Who.


Although there every chance that I might invite the ghost of Kenneth Williams back to review Love And Monsters. Oh Christ, I've said it now - so that's definitely a shoo-in. I think he's free on Thursdays.


Although now I think of it, Christmas is a holiday... and whatever those wheeled buggy things Tenners, Tate and The Other Bloke were hilariously riding around on in The Runaway Bride could perhaps be classified as scooters…


SOMETHING REALLY BAD'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN


Oh well. Something to look forwards to on the labelling front. Haven't got any actual proper labels for this one. Sticky ones don't count. You'll just have to make do with reading the thing. That's usually enough for me.


Perhaps regrettably for all of us, this idea of scooters and their previously unexplored relationship with Doctor Who led me onto revisiting a ‘key scene’ (well there had to be one) in previous Christmas special The Runaway Bride.


So it is this along with the monumental news regarding the casting of a new Doctor that we shall so helpfully explore, in just two shakes of your Earth minutes. ie in the next post. Don’t say you haven’t been warned, etc…

Oh and addendum - I've changed my flipping mind! There will be labels after all. So just ignore this entire post and you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment